Sunday, August 21, 2011

On your marks...Get...Set...Go......




I am Moneesh Mittal aged 30 yrs who is originally from a small town in Punjab, Faridkot. I am currently based in Wichita, KS, USA where I am doing my residency in Psychiatry. I am happily married and I have a one year old daughter Adiva who really is “A Diva”.

I am starting this blog to essentially have a platform to share views and have a healthy discussion. My topics of discussion would be generally related to India and US.

I am not an expert on any of the fields I'll be writing on and it will not be on any specific area. I do have varied interests and I feel that each one of us who are conscientious individuals do not constrain our thoughts in the boundaries of our area of expertise. But we also care about things around us, things that matter to us and things that evoke strong emotions (which can be multi polar in direction).

One thing which I would like my blog to have is not just my opinions, views and thoughts but I would like to back that up with facts and statistics from credible sources. (I consider Wikipedia a credible source….this too is a topic of great debate though, but I would like to quote only widely & credibly referenced pages on Wikipedia).

The reason I am doing this?

This is an important question and I had to give a good thought to it as I wanted to be honest. When I was in India and striving hard to come to US to have a career and earn my living, I had a lot of negative emotions towards India which were essentially a product of my desperation for a good career. Now that I have a fairly decent career, I miss my country and this is one of the ways I choose to connect with my country and countrymen.

I have been thinking about starting this blog for the last 3 years now and my recent trip to India just gave a much required shot in the arm for me to do this. I plan on returning to India after having some financial security. And for this reason I have been keeping track of things happening in India. When you are keeping track of things based on TRP driven journalists and media, I believe you at times loose the track of reality. One motive of this blog is also to get some feel of the ground reality in India.
About US, the current economic meltdown is no secret and I will try to look into the core reasons behind this meltdown and will also try and draw comparisons with current Indian economy.

I am not a jingo or a cynic. I like to think of myself as a realist but at times emotionally driven (so at times you can expect an intense piece from me - they usually make a good read ;-)).

I would post at least once a week but would check for comments almost everyday and try to reply to each one of them (I am assuming that I would have more than one follower).


© 2011-2012 Bhramastra. All Rights Reserved.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Ruchi, How is Prashant and rest of the family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i wud like to read your views regarding difference between US and India covering different aspects.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dr Aujla: My major interests lie in systems of governance and social issues. I sure will post on these topics. Especially root causes of corruption in India, social issues, human psyche etc and its comparison to US.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep writing bro. You have a good flair.

    ReplyDelete